August 19, 2018
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada introduced projected times which replaced the historicalprocessing times for the permanent resident applications received on or after July 31, 2018 for the following categories.
Projected processing time will show prospective applicants to these programs how long their applications are expected to take (under normal conditions), which aims to be as accurate as possible.”
The table below reflects range of processing times.
||Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents
||20 to 24 months
||Provincial Nominee (Non-Express Entry)
||15 to 19 months
||Quebec Skilled Workers
||15 to 17 months
||12 to 16 months
||Humanitarian and compassionate cases
||22 to 36 months
IRCC always targeting to continue finding new innovative ways to aid applications processing and meet the expectations of customers.
Below are some of the cases which affects the, processing times.
- the type of application submitted;
- if the application is complete;
- how quickly IRCC expects to process applications in the system;
- how easily applicants’ information can be verified;
- how long applicants take to respond to any requests or concerns; and
- other factors.